Carlota Domínguez has more than 15 years' experience advising clients in matters involving civil litigation, investments, and commercial arbitration. She represents clients in disputes involving commercial agreements, constructions defects, and agency and distribution contract matters. Additionally, she advises on claims involving financial institutions, directors' liability, unfair competition, and insolvency proceedings.
Carlota has worked with major national and international companies in sectors including construction, energy, financial services, manufacturing, telecoms, and media in a variety of jurisdictions and courts.
More recently, Carlota has successfully advised a Panamanian company that invested with Spanish capital as a respondent and counterclaimant in an ICC arbitration concerning the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) agreement in the construction of tunnels in two hydroelectric plants in Panama.
In 2016, Carlota wrote an article published in Anuario Contencioso para Abogados about the extension of the arbitral clause to non-signatories belonging to the same group. She also participated in the 2012 and 2013 editions of the book.
Spanish company arbitrates dispute surrounding wind power plant in Greece
Jones Day successfully represented a major Spanish company in an ICC arbitration relating to a contract dispute over wind power plants in Greece.
Manufacturer of train diagnostics systems pursues unfair competition and intellectual property rights claims
Jones Day is representing a manufacturer of train diagnostics systems that is pursuing unfair competition and intellectual property rights claims regarding the use of its train security system by a competitor.
Panamanian company arbitrates construction disputes of two hydroelectric plants
Jones Day successfully advised a Panamanian company with Spanish capital as a respondent and counterclaimant in an ICC arbitration concerning the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) agreement between the involved parties for the construction of tunnels in two hydroelectric plants in Panama.
- June 20182018 Arbitration Yearbook. Chapter 12: Effectiveness of the price agreement for the independent expert: legal nature of the expert's performance and possibility and scope of the review of the expert's work by the courts
- Abril 2018¿Un paso más hacia las “class actions” en España? En el diario Expansión Jurídico
- 2016La extensión subjetiva de la cláusula arbitral a sociedades no firmantes pertenecientes a un mismo grupo de sociedades, 2016 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados.
- 2013El contrato de arrendamiento de local en centro comercial: vulneración de una obligación de no hacer y solicitud de cumplimiento por equivalente, 2013 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados.
- 2012El contrato de gestión de establecimiento hotelero: diferencias con las figuras de administrador de hecho y del apoderado general de la sociedad, 2012 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados.
- April 4-6, 201860 Years of the 1958 New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards: Relevant Issues and Future Challenges
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Law Degree 2001); Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (Master's in Financial Markets 2001)
- English, Spanish