HR Headlines - London Employment Newsletter
HR Headlines is an employment related newsletter distributed by Jones Day's London office.
- The whistle blows - signifying the introduction of new whistleblowing legislation
- Fee fantastic or fee fury? Employers wanting to avoid unmeriorious claims might welcome the new fees, but UNISON is applying for judidial review.
- EAT "re-writes" section 188 of the Trade Union Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 so that 20 or more proposed redundancies no longer need to be at "one establishment"
- Northern Ireland Industrial Tribunal asks ECJ to clarify the need for "one establishment" requirement when triggering collective consultation obligations
- Retiring a partner at 65 years old was a proportionate means of meeting the employer's legitimate aims
- Reform to employment legislation continues over the summer and into the second half of 2013