PLI's Hot Topics in Health Care Law 2023
PLI New York
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
and via Webinar
9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Partner Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld will participate in a panel titled "Enforcement Trends in Health Care Law - Lessons Learned in 2023" at PLI's Hot Topics in Health Care Law 2023 hybrid program on December 7.
2023 has seen a fundamental shift in the health care landscape. With expansive new federal legislation targeting PBMs, Medicare proceeding apace in negotiating drug prices, ongoing litigation over access to mifepristone and other women’s healthcare, and expansion of DOJ enforcement interest in digital health, the health care industry continues to change dramatically. This program will cover the broad range of issues confronting the health care industry: Medicare drug price negotiation, PBM reform, expanding DOJ enforcement, women’s health issues, physician payment system changes, enforcement of health care fraud and abuse laws, and a detailed look at recent and pending legislation.
The program will include the following topics:
- Recent developments in Medicare drug pricing negotiation process
- Efforts at PBM reform
- What might be on the horizon for 2024 for hospital and physician payment systems
- The most recent women’s health litigation
- Enforcement trends in health care law and the lessons learned in 2023
- What’s to come: legislative initiatives in the 118th Congress
For more information on this program, including registration and CLE details, please visit "Hot Topics in Health Care Law 2023" on the PLI website.