Irene Savanis Fiorentinos provides strategic and practical leadership in managing all electronic discovery phases of complex litigation. She draws upon her extensive commercial trial experience and her understanding of technology and best practices for handling electronically stored information from preservation, through collection, review, production, and trial presentation. She has been involved in several matters as electronic discovery liaison responsible for negotiating with opposing counsel electronic discovery plans and arguing before courts electronic discovery disputes, as well as managing all phases of electronic discovery for complex, multijurisdictional matters.
Irene is a leader in the Firm's electronic discovery initiatives, including evaluating new technologies and training attorneys on current judicial trends and best practices. She also frequently speaks on these topics in industry settings and regularly counsels clients on litigation-related topics such as implementation of litigation holds and document retention policies.
Having litigated as much in state as in federal courts, both at the trial court and appellate level, she has tried cases before juries and judges and is a qualified member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar. She has litigated disputes, including class actions, involving claims arising from acquisitions and divestitures, environmental statutes, and complex breach of contract, indemnification, and fraud claims.
Irene has been actively involved in the Firm's diversity efforts and is on the board of the Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law, a national organization of law firms and corporate legal departments focused on women lawyers as leaders.
Courts Are Closely Following Amended Rule 37(e)’s Limits on Sanctions for Lost Electronically Stored Information
Significant Changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Expected to Take Effect December 1, 2015: Practical Implications and What Litigators Need to Know
Illinois Appellate Court Blows Whistle On Whistleblower Suite For Use Taxes, Jones Day State Tax Return
- 2012Chapters on Ethics and on Experts, coauthor, ICLE (Illinois Institute for Continuing Education) E-Discovery
- May 16, 2019The Masters Conference: Vendor Management and Alignment of Legal Service Delivery
- May 22, 2018Strategy and Advocacy in eDiscovery, The Chicago Masters Conference
- February 23, 2016Retaining and Using Consulting Experts: Ethical Considerations for Attorneys, West LegalEdcenter
- December 12, 2015Forensic Expert Witness Association: Searching For, Selecting and Retaining Expert Witnesses
- November 11, 2015ACEDS - Linear and technology assisted review
- November 5, 2015Ethical Considerations in E-Discovery for Corporate Attorneys and Litigators-2015
- October 22, 2015Updated Presentation of Getting A Return on Preservation Effort Investment with Berkeley Research Group
- July 23, 2015Getting A Return On Preservation Effort Investment, Berkeley Research Group
- December 2, 2014Electronic Discovery Analytics 2015 Live Webcast presented by DRI
- November 19, 2014Preservation: The Ethical Challenges Counsel Continue To Face, WeslLaw/Celesq Legal Ed)
- November 14, 2013Ethical and Practical Considerations of Using Technology-Assisted Review in Litigation, Celesq/Westlaw Legal Ed
- February 21, 2013E-Discovery in 2013: What Attorneys Need To Know, Pincus Professional Education
- September 12, 2012On the Road to Reasonableness: Ethical Challenges for In-House Corporate Counsel and Outside Counsel When Issuing and Monitoring Litigation Holds, Celesq AttorneysEd Center
- March 28, 2012De-Cluttering Discovery: A Roundtable Discussion
- January 11, 2012How Following the Rules of Professional Responsibility Can Lessen the Burden and Cost of E-Discovery
- September 15, 2011Ethical Considerations for Attorneys in the Course of E-Discovery
- August 4, 2011The Business of eDiscovery, Leadership Breakfast Roundtable Series, Cowen Group
- July 12, 2011eDiscovery: Preservation, collection and exchange of documents impacted by foreign language, LionDen Legal Library
- May 19, 2011Jones Day MCLE University - Chicago
- May 21, 2010Litigation Holds: Implementation through Release, International Legal Technology Association Ohio Conference
- December 15, 2008Unique E-Discovery Challenges for Financial Institutions, moderator and presenter, Practicing Law Institute
- May 2, 2008Second Annual National Institute on E-Discovery, American Bar Association
- Northwestern University (J.D. 1984; Editor, Journal of International Law and Business); Ohio University (B.S.J. summa cum laude 1981)
- Included in Best Lawyers' 2017 Women of Influence