Business Restructuring Review
- Section 553 of the Bankruptcy Code Preserves Rather Than Creates Setoff Rights
- Ninth Circuit Rules That Hypothetical Preference Actions May Be Considered in Applying the Greater Amount Test
- Two Recent Decisions Demonstrate Continued Disagreement Over Whether Economic Value or Face Amount of Liens Is Appropriate Metric in Authorizing Free and Clear Bankruptcy Sale
- Second Circuit Affirms Bankruptcy Court’s Nullification of Chapter 15 Debtor’s Sale of Claim Due to Woefully Inadequate Price
- In Brief: Second Circuit Reaffirms Broad Scope of Bankruptcy Code’s Subordination of Shareholder Claims
- From the Top in Brief
Jones Day publications should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general information purposes only and may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication or proceeding without the prior written consent of the Firm, to be given or withheld at our discretion. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use our "Contact Us" form, which can be found on our website at www.jonesday.com. The mailing of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The views set forth herein are the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Firm.