We litigate, create, and exploit IP assets globally
Jones Day, one of few global firms with a full-service Intellectual Property Practice, offers more than 220 professionals who leverage courtroom skills, strategic business acumen, and technology prowess to win cases, build IP portfolios, and craft innovative solutions for your IP issues.
- Our clients’ business interests in litigation are relentlessly pursued by our collaborative teams, who use extensive trial experience, strong scientific backgrounds, and appellate advocacy at every stage of a case.
- By partnering with clients and learning their businesses, we offer innovative and cost-effective patent strategies and solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Our clients have achieved some of the biggest victories in trial courts (Idenix), Federal Circuit (U.S. Bank), and the U.S. Supreme Court (SAS).
- We counsel clients in the most complex multijurisdictional patent disputes across Europe, Asia, Australia, and the United States.
- We prosecute high-value patent portfolios for some of the world’s largest life sciences and technology companies by using litigation-tested methods.
Areas of Focus
- Federal Circuit Appeals & Supreme Court Petitions
- Hatch-Waxman, Pharma & Biosimilars Litigation
- Inter Partes Review & Post-Grant Review Before the PTAB
- ITC Section 337 Litigation
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Oppositions, Nullity and Cancellation Proceedings
Intellectual Property Practice
Jones Day partner Randy Kay talks about developments in trade secrets law and why a cross-practice approach to trade secret protection is critical in today’s complex legal and regulatory environments.
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Sanofi challenges Amgen's patent applications for anti-PCSK9 antibodies before Australian Patent Office
Rational disputes patent rights in opposition proceedings at EPO and GPTO relating to intelligent cooking processes
Rational seeks patent prosecution and freedom-to-operate advice relating to intelligent cooking processes
Incyte grants license to and collaborates with Zai Lab to develop and commercialize anti-PD1 pharmaceutical products in China
Purdue Pharma successfully resolves Hatch-Waxman patent infringement claims against Epic Pharma related to OxyContin®
Purdue Pharma asserts patent infringement claims under Hatch-Waxman Act related to OxyContin® against Intellipharmaceutics
Patenting Digital Health Innovations Incorporating AI in View of USPTO's Recent Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance
PTAB Abused Discretion in Denying Request to File Motion for Additional Discovery, PTAB Litigation Blog
Jones Day's Washington Office adds partners David Applebaum, Michael Oblon and of counsel Amie Breslow