Cases & Deals

Orocobre to merge with Galaxy Resources to form top five global lithium chemicals company

Clients Orocobre Limited

Jones Day is advising Orocobre Limited (Orocobre), an ASX and TSX-listed global lithium carbonate supplier with operations in Argentina, on its merger-of-equals with Galaxy Resources Limited (Galaxy), an ASX-listed global lithium company with operations in Australia, Argentina, and Canada, to create a top five global lithium chemicals company (by market capitalization). The merged group will have a market capitalization of approximately AU$4 billion (US$3.1 billion) and production capacity of approximately 40 ktpa lithium carbonate equivalent.

Subject to customary conditions, the merger will be effected by an Australian scheme of arrangement whereby Orocobre will acquire 100% of Galaxy’s shares and Galaxy shareholders will receive 0.569 Orocobre shares for each Galaxy share held as consideration. Upon completion of the transaction, Galaxy shareholders will own 45.8% of the fully diluted share capital of the combined entity and Orocobre shareholders will own the remaining 54.2%.

We use cookies to deliver our online services. Details of the cookies and other tracking technologies we use and instructions on how to disable them are set out in our Cookies Policy. By using this website you consent to our use of cookies.