Chambers Global 2023 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2023 edition of Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes the Firm with 107 practice rankings and 118 lawyer rankings. Highlights from the 2023 edition include:
Clients praise Jones Day as "a first-class global law firm with strong capabilities" that "consistently demonstrates its commitment to the relationship through its work, its prompt advice and its efforts beyond what is simply required," and whose lawyers are "experts at providing clear guidance for the most complex of matters."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "Jones Day's deep experience across all major jurisdictions is invaluable when navigating complex global matters."
- "Outstanding advice alongside excellent turnaround times make it an easy decision for us to keep going back to Jones Day."
- "I always have absolute confidence in the quality of advice, which is pragmatic, relevant and easy to implement."
- "Not only do they have extremely strong legal skills, but they also have a commercial approach to solving issues that makes the difference when it comes to execution."
- "It is a very agile and sophisticated team with huge national and international experience and perspectives as well as top professional legal skills."
- "Jones Day is incredibly thorough and do what needs to be done to get the job done. They are extremely organized and extremely prepared."
- "Jones Day always stands on the client's point of view to provide the best service and professional advice."
Eight Band 1 rankings across seven practice areas
- Africa-wide TMT
- Asia Pacific Intellectual Property
- Asia Pacific Life Sciences
- France Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Mexico Compliance
- Singapore Corporate/M&A: International: Highly Regarded
- USA International Arbitration: Highly Regarded
- USA Labor & Employment
Ten Jones Day lawyers ranked Band 1 in Chambers Global 2023 include:
- Emmanuel G. Baud – France: Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright
- Bruce S. Bennett – USA: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage – France: Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan: Corporate/M&A
- Rémy Fekete – Africa-wide: TMT
- Mercedes Fernández – Spain: Dispute Resolution
- Guillermo E. Larrea – Mexico: Compliance
- Anthony Muratore – Australia: Intellectual Property: Patents
- Robert A. Profusek – USA: Corporate M&A (International & Cross-Border)
- Sheila L. Shadmand – UAE: Corporate Investigations
Eight global-wide practice rankings
- Corporate Investigations/Anti-Corruption
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
Jones Day also achieved 18 rankings in Chambers' International & Cross-Border Capabilities tables in USA, UK, Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, and Taiwan. These tables identify the best and most user-friendly firms for cross-border transactional, contentious, enforcement and regulatory, antitrust, and energy sector matters.
The Chambers Global rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.