Jones Day a top-ranked firm in inaugural BTI Associate Satisfaction A-Listers survey
The Firm ranked "Best of the Best" in 12 categories in the first-of-its-kind report "Associate Satisfaction A-Listers 2022: BTI Survey of Law Firms Where Associates are Happiest." The BTI Consulting Group notes that Jones Day's results beat the "majority of the other 650 firms competing for business at large companies whose associates responded to the survey."
For greater insight into the different perceptions and expectations of male and female associates, BTI isolated key differences between genders—ranking law firms' female associates' satisfaction as well as overall results.
Jones Day was awarded "Best of the Best" status in the following categories:
- Law Firms with Highest Number of Extremely Satisfied Associates
- Law Firms with Highest Number of Extremely Satisfied Women Associates
- Law Firms Where Associates Have the Best Opportunity to Grow Within Their Firm
- Law Firms Where Women Associates Have the Best Opportunity to Grow Within Their Firm
- Law Firms Best at Mentoring Associates
- Law Firms Best at Mentoring Women Associates
- Law Firms Best at Helping Associates in Their Career
- Law Firms Best at Helping Women Associates in Their Career
- Law Firms Best at Helping Associates Develop a Career Path
- Law Firms Best at Helping Women Associates Develop a Career Path
- Law Firms Offering Associates Best Access to Training
- Law Firms Offering Women Associates Best Access to Training
The Associate Satisfaction A-Listers 2022: BTI Survey of Law Firms Where Associates are Happiest is based on BTI's large-scale independent survey with more than 4,000 responses. BTI ranked law firm performance based solely on associate data and input; there were no law firm submissions, self-referrals, suggestions, or payments.
"These informed views about the Firm and how we work collegially with our associates are provided by those who actually know Jones Day the best—our attorneys," said Kevyn Orr, Partner-in-Charge U.S. Offices. "Being ranked in the top one percent of firms in multiple categories, including 'Extremely Satisfied Associates' and 'Have the Best Opportunity to Grow Within Their Firm,' for both men and women associates, is a profound reflection on what matters most to us: our people and their professional and personal satisfaction with their own careers, which ultimately translates to our superior commitment to client service."
"The fact that our associates recognize the benefits of our programs in mentoring and skills development for all lawyers really reflects the Firm's long-standing commitment to inclusion that is vital to our Firm culture and meets the growing needs demanded by our clients in a diverse world," added Yvette McGee Brown, Partner-in-Charge of Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement. "Through mentoring and promoting women, and lawyers of all races and backgrounds, we tap the unique strengths and experiences of very talented lawyers."
Sharyl Reisman, Firmwide Hiring Partner, noted, "These impressive results are a direct reflection of the community and the culture that is at our core—the way we treat each other with respect and warmth and humanity—and points to our efforts to hire those with the same values of integrity and hard work that are the hallmarks of Jones Day attorneys."
Other BTI reports consistently rank Jones Day as one of the top global law firms, including:
- Ranked #1 on the "Client Service A-Team" report for six-consecutive years
- Ranked eight times among the "Fearsome Foursome"—the law firms that clients would least like to see as opposing counsel
- Ranked 19 consecutive-years as a firm that "Top Legal Decision Makers Recommend Above All Others"