Chambers USA 2022 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2022 edition of Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 102 practice rankings, including 47 Band 1 and 2; and honors 188 Firm lawyers, who were named leading lawyers in the United States, and earned 76 Band 1 and 2 rankings.
Highlights from the 2022 edition include:
Jones Day achieved 18 Band 1 practice rankings, including three Nationwide, and 15 more spread across five states and two regional metropolitan areas:
USA Nationwide Band 1 Rankings
- International Arbitration: Highly Regarded
- Labor & Employment
- Retail: Corporate & Transactional
USA State and Regional Metropolitan Area Band 1 Rankings
- California: Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution
- District of Columbia: Labor & Employment
- Georgia: Corporate/M&A
- Georgia: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Minnesota: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Ohio: Antitrust
- Ohio: Banking & Finance
- Ohio: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Ohio: Healthcare
- Ohio: Insurance: Policyholder
- Ohio: Intellectual Property
- Ohio: Litigation: General Commercial
- Ohio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Ohio Northern: Corporate/M&A
- Pittsburgh & Surrounds: Litigation: General Commercial
Numerous clients commended Jones Day's work and lawyers, describing them as "incredibly responsive, practical and easy to work with," as well as "strategic, very engaged and extraordinarily invested in their clients." Clients also said:
- "It is the best firm I have ever worked with."
- "They are a first-class global law firm with strong capabilities."
- "They do what's best for the client, work together collaboratively and put the best lawyer forward for the matter on the case."
- "They are consistently the team that we look to to discuss complex issues and strategy because their analysis is first-rate, they are extremely skilled, they are very analytical thinkers and we trust their judgment."
- "If a deal is going to be challenging, Jones Day is my first call."
- "Jones Day provides really high-quality work, is really responsive and has a valuable global footprint."
- "The team is very creative, thoughtful and extremely collaborative."
26 Band 1 Lawyer Rankings
- Mark J. Andreini: Insurance - Ohio
- Bruce S. Bennett: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - California; Bankruptcy/Restructuring - USA - Nationwide
- Richard H. Deane Jr.: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Georgia
- Eric Dreiband: Labor & Employment - District of Columbia
- James R. Dutro: Healthcare - California
- Michelle K. Fischer: Antitrust - Ohio
- Hilda C. Galvan: Intellectual Property - Texas
- Gregory M. Gordon: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Texas
- Michael J. Gray: Labor & Employment - Illinois
- Calvin P. Griffith: Intellectual Property - Ohio
- Gerald M. Griffith: Healthcare - Illinois
- David A. Grubman: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity - Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh & Surrounds
- Charles W. Hardin Jr.: Corporate/M&A - Ohio: North
- Jeffrey L. Kapp: Healthcare - Ohio
- Kathy Keneally: Tax: Fraud - USA - Nationwide
- Michael J. McConnell: Litigation: Securities - Georgia
- J. Bruce McDonald: Antitrust - Texas
- Joan E. McKown: Securities: Regulation: Enforcement - USA - Nationwide
- Daniel D. McMillan: Construction - California; Construction - USA - Nationwide
- Robert A. Profusek: Corporate/M&A - New York
- Rachel L. Rawson: Banking & Finance - Massachusetts; Banking & Finance - Ohio
- Stephen G. Sozio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Ohio
- Lizanne Thomas: Corporate/M&A - Georgia
The Chambers USA rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.