PLI's 37th Midyear SEC Reporting & FASB Forum
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
222 Mason St
San Francisco, CA
Roman Darmer, of counsel in the Firm's Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will provide a presentation on "Current Developments in SEC Enforcement" at PLI's 37th Midyear SEC Reporting & FASB Forum on June 16 in San Francisco.
This forum will provide insights from current and former SEC staff and leading experts on GAAP, disclosure, audit and more. Attendees will learn about the latest from the SEC on ESG disclosures, as well as standard-setting agendas of the FASB, updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. PLI's faculty will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
- SEC activity on ESG and climate change disclosures
- Updates on rulemaking and interpretive guidance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, plus other hot topics in their comment process
- Key accounting developments from the FASB: new accounting standards updates and projects in process
- Gearing up for MD&A disclosures, including key focus areas such as COVID, Brexit, reference rate reform, cybersecurity, and ESG matters
- Issues incurred in accounting for income taxes
- Financial instruments hot topics, including reference rate reform
- The latest on business combinations and impairment, including the FASB’s project on goodwill
- Ethical challenges for registrants