Chambers Global 2022 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2022 edition of Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day with 111 practice rankings and 124 lawyer rankings. Highlights from the 2022 edition include:
Seven Band 1 rankings across seven practice areas:
- Asia Pacific Intellectual Property
- Asia Pacific Life Sciences
- France Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Mexico Compliance
- Singapore Corporate/M&A: International: Highly Regarded
- USA International Arbitration: Highly Regarded
- USA Labor & Employment
Clients praise Jones Day as " … lawyers truly working together as a well-oiled machine, putting their brilliant minds at work for their client," "well suited for complex and cross-jurisdictional cases," and "proactive, responsive and (taking) the time to get to know our business."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "All exceptional attorneys at Jones Day with strong business acumen; extremely responsive and dedicated to achieving our business goals."
- "Jones Day works seamlessly worldwide and works across offices very well. Whenever we have a matter it's about getting the best people regardless of the office."
- "It is like dealing with one team: very sleek, smooth delivery - their service is excellent."
- "An intuitive grasp of the best way to get legal work done and provide top-quality service."
Eleven Jones Day lawyers ranked in Chambers Global 2022 Band 1 and Eminent Practitioner include:
- Emmanuel G. Baud – France: Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright
- Bruce S. Bennett – USA: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage – France: Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan: Corporate/M&A
- Tony Chen – China: Intellectual Property (International Firms) – Eminent Practitioner
- Rémy Fekete – Africa: TMT
- Mercedes Fernández – Spain: Dispute Resolution
- Guillermo E. Larrea – Mexico: Compliance
- Anthony Muratore – Australia: Intellectual Property: Patents
- Robert A. Profusek – USA: Corporate M&A (International & Cross-Border)
- Sheila L. Shadmand – UAE: Corporate Investigations
Nine global-wide practice rankings:
- Corporate Investigations
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
Jones Day also achieved 16 rankings in Chambers' International & Cross-Border Capabilities tables in Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, UK, and USA. These tables identify the best and most user-friendly firms for cross-border transactional, contentious, enforcement and regulatory, antitrust, and energy sector matters.
The Chambers Global rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.