Twenty Jones Day lawyers named "BTI Client Service All-Stars"
Twenty Jones Day lawyers are named 2022 Client Service All-Stars in the BTI Consulting Group's survey of corporate counsel and other legal services decision makers. Jones Day had more lawyers named All-Stars than any other law firm in the report.
In addition, five Jones Day lawyers were awarded BTI's "MVP" distinction, given to lawyers named to the list in consecutive years: Jeff Jones and Mike Solecki have been named to this list three consecutive years. Scott Cowan, John Normile, Stephanie Parker, and Kate Wallace earned MVP honors by being named for two consecutive years.
The lawyers selected to this list, " … continue to step up client service to world class levels as they face swirling changes …" and " … provide the best help at the right time." Survey participants identified the six overarching characteristics that drive superior client service performance for All-Stars as: Practical ("… sensible, realistic, appropriate, and immediately helpful …"); Savvy ("… know their way around the rules, people, and issues, and always find ways to get things done …"); In the Know (" … knowledgeable in what's going on in the industry and other companies …"); Deals with Complexity (" … naturally break down problems into their component parts …"); Available (" … seemingly always there to answer questions no matter how urgent or casual …"); and Nimble (" … move quickly and switch gears as circumstances demand …").
The 20 Jones Day lawyers named as 2021 BTI Client Service All-Stars include:
- Katherine M. Brockmeyer – Antitrust & Competition Law; Washington
- Kimberly A. Brown – Business & Tort Litigation; Pittsburgh
- Steven T. Cottreau – Complex Civil Litigation, Washington
- Scott W. Cowan (MVP 2 years) – Complex, Multiparty, and Multiforum Litigation; Houston
- James R. Dutro – Healthcare Transactional and Regulatory; San Francisco
- Lisa B. Gates – Science and Technology Litigation; Cleveland
- Dr. Jörg Hladjk – Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection; Brussels
- Jeffrey J. Jones (MVP 3 years) – Class Actions and Complex Commercial Litigation; Detroit
- Thomas S. Koglman – Intellectual Property; Cleveland
- Patrick J. Leddy – Multijurisdictional Transactions; Cleveland
- Andrew M. Levine – Global Private Equity; New York
- Caroline Edsall Littleton – Issues & Appeals and Global Disputes; Washington
- Thomas E. Lynch – Complex Commercial Litigation and Arbitration; New York
- Ben Menker – Business & Tort Litigation; Columbus
- John J. Normile (MVP 2 years) – Intellectual Property Litigation; New York
- Stephanie E. Parker (MVP 2 years) – Business & Tort Litigation; Atlanta
- Michael J. Solecki (MVP 3 years) – Corporate Governance; Cleveland
- Stephen G. Sozio – Healthcare & Life Sciences Litigation; Cleveland
- Lizanne Thomas – Corporate Governance; Atlanta
- Kate Wallace (MVP 2 years) – Antitrust and Unfair Competition Litigation; Boston
The BTI Client Service All-Stars 2022 draws solely on in-depth, telephone-based interviews and unprompted responses, as part of BTI's ongoing Annual Survey of General Counsel, now in its 20th year. More than 350 in-depth interviews with top legal decision makers were conducted between January and November 2021. The companies spanned 15 industry sectors and ranged in size from revenues of $700 million to the largest corporations in the world. No law firm submissions, self-referrals, firm referrals, suggestions, or payments are accepted for inclusion.