Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2022 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific guide ranks Jones Day in 40 practice areas, including eight Tier 1 rankings and 106 lawyer rankings. The lawyer rankings include five Hall of Fame lawyers, 18 Leading Individuals, seven Next Generation Partners, and four Rising Stars.
Clients hail Jones Day lawyers as "exceptionally talented individuals," with "very strong legal knowledge," offering "…understanding and insight … who “provide commercially focused real-world advice." Additional comments from clients include:
- "Jones Day’s lawyers are more commercial and business-oriented than their peers that I have worked with ..."
- "The (Jones Day) practice is made unique by a mix of team members from varied backgrounds. This includes partners who have in-house experience, partners who have worked in several geographies and have a broad understanding of nuances in this region ..."
- "The quality of Jones Day lawyers I work with is extremely high. That [sic] are technically superb and highly motivated. They are sensitive to the commercial needs of clients. One of the strengths of Jones Day is teamwork among the lawyers who work on a particular matter."
- "Always willing to go to the extra mile for their clients in providing necessary materials/ comfort/ (and) explanations requested/required."
- "Excellent practical advice, open and straightforward communication on strategic pros and cons."
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Legal 500's Hall of Fame include:
- Marianne M. Chao – Taiwan Dispute resolution; Taiwan Projects and energy
- Jason Chen – Taiwan Dispute resolution; Taiwan Intellectual property
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Stephen J. DeCosse – Japan Corporate and M&A: International firms and joint ventures
- Roger Dobson – Australia Restructuring and insolvency
- Peter J. Wang – China Dispute resolution: Litigation: foreign firms
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" include:
- Matthew Bull – Australia Competition and trade
- Marianne M. Chao – Taiwan Real Estate and construction
- Po-Chien Chen – Taiwan Intellectual property
- Tony Chen – China Intellectual property
- John Cooper – Australia Construction
- Mark Crean – Australia Corporate and M&A
- Haifeng Huang – Hong Kong Intellectual property
- Koichi Inoue – Japan Tax: International firms and joint ventures: Bengoshi
- Sushma Jobanputra – Singapore Banking and finance: foreign firms
- Jean Kuo – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- John C. Lin – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Ming-Wei Lo – Taiwan Dispute resolution
- Hiromitsu Miyakawa – Japan Antitrust and competition
- Anthony Muratore – Australia Intellectual property
- Gregory R. Salathé – Japan Corporate and M&A: International firms and joint ventures
- Michiru Takahashi – Japan Intellectual property: International firms and joint ventures: Bengoshi
- Raymond H. Wang – Taiwan Capital Markets; Taiwan Corporate and M&A; Taiwan Real estate and construction
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partner" include:
- Guoping Da – China Intellectual property: foreign firms
- Jean Kuo – Taiwan Projects and Energy; Taiwan Real estate and construction
- Vinay Kurien – Singapore Banking and finance: foreign firms
- Holly Sara – Australia Dispute resolution: litigation
- Zachary Sharpe – Singapore International arbitration
- Ben Witherall – Singapore Corporate and M&A: foreign firms; Investment Funds: foreign firms
- Qiang Xue – China Antitrust and competition: foreign firms
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" include:
- Barry Lai – Taiwan Intellectual property
- Peggy Lee – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Zara Shafruddin – Singapore International arbitration
- Christopher Slack – Singapore Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
For 35 years, The Legal 500 has been analyzing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions. Legal 500's research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.