Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2022 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific ranks Jones Day in 31 practice areas, including Band 1 rankings in Intellectual Property (Asia Pacific Region), Life Sciences (Asia Pacific Region), and Corporate/M&A (Singapore). Chambers also recognizes 28 Jones Day lawyers among the premier lawyers in the region, with five partners earning Band 1 rankings.
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 Band 1 include:
- Roger Dobson – Australia: Restructuring/Insolvency
- Koichi Inoue – Japan: Tax: Bengoshi
- Karthik Kumar – India: Projects & Energy (International Firms) (Expert Based Abroad)
- Anthony Muratore – Australia: Intellectual Property: Patents
- Dr. Niv Tadmore – Australia: Tax
Clients laud the Firm as "excellent on all fronts," "highly strategic and commercial in its approach," and "efficient and thorough without over-servicing." They also praise Jones Day lawyers as "first class" for "always being spot on with their precise advice" and highlight their "client-centric and commercial approach to complicated matters."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "I can't say enough about the Jones Day team. They come across as caring deeply about the success of your transaction and your business, and go to great lengths to ensure you feel comfortable with the level of service you are receiving. And they are always at the ready with creative options and potential solutions, and show a firm grasp of all facets of a transaction throughout each step."
- "I have no hesitation in recommending Jones Day wherever there are complex commercial litigation issues requiring advice. As a firm, they seem to operate across borders seamlessly. We have dealt with both the Australian and an Asia-based practice together on various matters, and they work as if they are all in the one office."
- "My impression is most favorable; they deliver timely advice and the quality of their services is remarkable. We enjoy having reliable advice without unnecessary expenditure of resources on our part. We provide them with the underpinnings of our requirements, and they are agile enough to work through it without scheduling calls or extensive follow-ups."
- "I have been very pleased by the level and quality of service. Jones Day have been excellent and a joy to work with: they are super responsive, clear-thinking, pragmatic, and very friendly. They communicate well with legal and business representatives."
- "Jones Day's team is by far and away better than any that we have previously used. We work in international jurisdictions, and we always seek advice from Jones Day if they have a local office or affiliate known to them, which is helpful."
Jones Day is recognized as a top regional player with seven Asia Pacific Region rankings in:
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds: Hedge Funds
- Investment Funds: Private Equity
- Life Sciences
- Projects & Infrastructure
The Chambers Asia Pacific rankings, based on interviews with lawyers, clients, and third-party experts, look at a broad range of qualities, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.