Legal 500 Latin America 2022 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The Legal 500 Latin America 2022 guide ranks Jones Day in 18 practice areas, including a Tier 1 ranking in the category "Mexico Compliance," and 66 lawyer rankings. The lawyer rankings include seven Leading Individuals, three Next Generation Partners, and three Rising Stars.
Clients recognize Jones Day as "amazing to work with. They know the legislation and are always looking for easy to implement solutions. They are able to solve the work that others can't. Total superheroes." Additional comments from clients include:
- "… very dedicated to their clients and are always attentive to any requirement or doubt and when it arises they attend to it in an outstanding way."
- "… unique in their level of specialisation in cross-border transactions, as they have tremendous coordination between their offices around the world and Mexico..."
- "… ahead in the analysis to foresee contingencies and propose strategies. They ensure that experienced lawyers deal with matters first hand. They take care to answer and respond on time, which is a time-critical differentiator in closings."
- "… have a great knowledge and commitment to the client, as well as the most advanced technological tools."
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" include:
- Wade Angus: International Firms: Corporate and M&A
- Alberto de la Parra: Mexico: Banking and finance; and Projects and infrastructure
- José Estandía: Mexico: Energy and natural resources
- Guillermo Larrea: Mexico: Compliance
- Mauricio Llamas: Environment
- Silvia Malagón: Mexico: Capital markets
- Javier Martínez del Campo: Mexico: Banking and finance
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partner" include:
- Jesús Altamirano: Mexico: Competition and antitrust
- Javier A Cortés: International trade
- Rodrigo Gómez Ballina: Mexico: Tax
Jones Day lawyers by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" include:
- Artur Badra: International firms: Corporate and M&A
- Arturo de la Parra: Mexico: Projects and energy
- Mauricio Villegas: Mexico: Environment
The Latin America edition of The Legal 500 is now in its tenth year and, like the other established editions of the guide, is relied upon by millions of buyers of legal services worldwide when they need to instruct outside counsel. The Legal 500 rankings are based on thousands of interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client.