PLI's Women Lawyers in Leadership 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Although the glass ceiling has cracks, more women are needed in leadership positions in the legal profession. Despite equal numbers of women entering the profession, female lawyers still lag in equity partnerships and leadership positions. Additionally, women in the legal profession frequently face institutional hurdles. Joan McKown, a partner in our Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will participate in PLI's panel of women lawyers who have successfully broken through.
The program will include the following topics:
- Strategies for women lawyers to obtain and excel in lead or co-lead counsel positions
- Practice tips for overcoming unconscious bias towards women in the law
- Specific issues affecting women of color in the law and learn strategies to attenuate them
- Ways to plan your career track whether you are striving for law firm partnership or another leadership role
- Opportunities to increase your visibility in law firms and other legal organizations
- Challenges faced by women attorneys in the workplace and in the courtroom
- Leadership techniques for women attorneys from various perspectives including plaintiff and defense attorneys, government attorneys, and in-house counsel
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. For CLE credit information and to register, visit the PLI website.