PLI's Advanced Swaps & Other Derivatives 2021
9:00 am - 4:45 pm EDT
Locke McMurray of Jones Day's Financial Markets Practice will participate in a panel titled "Enforcement Trends, Litigation, Insolvency and Resolution Authority: Safe Harbors; Orderly Liquidation" at PLI's "Advanced Swaps & Other Derivatives 2021" webinar on Wednesday, October 20.
At this program, PLI's faculty will provide a comprehensive overview of the evolving regulatory framework for OTC derivatives and derivatives market participants, and explain how the regulatory framework affects these products, the structure of the market for these products, and market participants. The program will also cover documentation issues, and recent developments in tax, accounting, and litigation related to OTC derivatives, as well as professional responsibility issues associated with derivatives.
The program will include the following topics:
- The state of the derivatives markets: problems, opportunities, likely regulatory priorities
- A comprehensive analysis of the current regulatory framework for OTC derivatives:
- What is the status of clearing and trading requirements?
- What are the reporting requirements?
- How is fintech developing and affecting the swaps markets?
- What are the major CFTC changes affecting reporting and conduct rules?
- Implementation of security-based swap dealer registration, substituted compliance, and security-based swap transaction reporting
- When must swap market participants be registered as futures commission merchants?
- How have banks and their affiliates been affected by limitations on derivatives and proprietary trading activities?
- CFTC and SEC requirements for margin on uncleared swaps, capital requirements, effects on liquidity
- What developments have been occurring in the CPO/CTA (funds) space?
- What changes have been made to existing insolvency law or are being considered? What is the Resolution Stay Protocol?
- How are the amended federal commodity and securities laws affecting brokers, advisors, and funds transacting in OTC derivatives?
- Structuring and implementing OTC derivatives transactions
- Developments in the swap activities of banks; Volcker developments
- NFA and CFTC intermediary coverage and coordination; current priorities
- Tax and accounting developments applicable to derivatives
- Professional responsibility and derivatives
- Enforcement trends; litigation developments
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit "Advanced Swaps & Other Derivatives 2021" on the PLI website.