Jones Day’s Labor & Employment Practice ranked Band 1 for 15th consecutive year in Chambers USA 2021
For the 15th consecutive year, Chambers USA recognized Jones Day's Labor & Employment Practice with its elite "Band 1" practice ranking in its 2021 edition.
Numerous clients commended Jones Day’s Labor & Employment work and lawyers, lauding the Practice as
" … an outstanding team. They are uniformly smart, creative and disciplined problem-solvers with strong business sense, absolute client dedication and innovative solutions;” "emphasizes good client service and high-quality, skilled representation;” and " … very quick to respond to questions and provide complete and very thorough advice."
- "It is a premier firm with a very robust employment practice, which takes on the most complex high-profile cases in the country."
- "Highly strategic and highly experienced," and…the firm "consistently obtains good results and is a go-to for complex class action matters."
- “They are collaborative and always put the needs of the client first. You will always get the best lawyer in the labor and employment department for your particular challenge."
- "The Jones Day team has been able to partner together effectively to issue-spot and resolve complex matters. They work well together and complement each other well."
- "High-quality work done in an efficient and practical fashion”; "very pragmatic and useful."
- "A terrific practice, very well regarded for labor and employment."
- "The Jones Day team is collaborative and goes out of its way to ensure they are doing everything they possibly can to protect our business interests."
Two Lawyers Ranked Band 1
- Eric Dreiband: Labor & Employment - District of Columbia
- Michael J. Gray: Labor & Employment – Illinois
Sixteen Lawyers ranked
- Rick Bergstrom (San Diego)
- David Birnbaum (Chicago)
- Joanne Bush (Houston)
- Terri Chase (New York)
- Patricia Dunn (Washington)
- Eric Dreiband (Washington)
- Roy Ginsburg (Minneapolis)
- Michael Gray (Chicago)
- Douglas Hall (Washington)
- Brian Jorgensen (Dallas)
- Jessica Kastin (New York)
- Curt Kirschner (San Francisco)
- Matthew Lampe (New York)
- Alison Marshall (Washington)
- Donald Munro (Washington)
- Deborah Sudbury (Atlanta)
Seven State Rankings, including two earning “Elite” status
- Illinois (Elite)
- New York (Elite)
- Washington, D.C.
Chambers also ranked the Practice Band 1 in Washington for the 17th straight year.
The 2021 edition of Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 96 total practice rankings and honors 179 Firm lawyers, who were named leading lawyers in the United States. The Firm now ranks in the top 5 firms by total number of practice rankings and in the top 10 firms by total number of individual rankings in Chambers USA.
The Chambers USA rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.