PLI's 36th Midyear SEC Reporting & FASB Forum
Sarah Levine, a partner in the Firm's Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will participate in a panel discussion titled "Current Developments in SEC Enforcement" at PLI's "36th Midyear SEC Reporting & FASB Forum" webinar on June 10.
Current and former SEC staff and leading practitioners will speak about accounting and disclosure related to COVID-19; details of implementing the SEC's new MD&A guidance; standard-setting agendas of the FASB; and updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. Speakers will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Accounting and disclosure related to COVID-19, including a focus on impairment accounting and reporting issues
- Updates on rulemaking and interpretive guidance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, plus other hot topics in their comment process
- Key accounting developments from the FASB: new accounting standards updates, and projects in process
- Gearing up for MD&A disclosures, including changes to MD&A from the SEC’s Disclosure Effectiveness project
- Issues incurred in accounting for income taxes
- Financial instruments hot topics, including reference rate reform
- The latest on business combinations and impairment, including the FASB's project on goodwill
- Deep dive on revenue recognition accounting and disclosure issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation or review of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and audit committee members.
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information, and to register for the event, please visit the PLI website.