Chambers USA 2021 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2021 edition of Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 96 practice rankings, including 44 Band 1 & 2, and honors 176 Firm lawyers, who were named leading lawyers in the United States and earned 80 Band 1 & 2 rankings. The Firm now ranks in the top five firms by total number of practice rankings and in the top 10 firms by total number of individual rankings in Chambers USA. In addition, the Firm moved into Band 1 for International Arbitration.
Highlights from the 2021 edition include:
Jones Day achieved 18 Band 1 practice rankings, including four Nationwide, and 14 more spread across four states and two regional metropolitan areas:
USA Nationwide Band 1 Rankings
- International Arbitration: Highly Regarded
- Labor & Employment
- Product Liability: Consumer Class Actions
- Retail: Corporate & Transactional
USA State and Regional Metropolitan Area Band 1 Rankings
- California: Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution
- District of Columbia: Labor & Employment
- Georgia: Corporate/M&A
- Georgia: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Ohio: Antitrust
- Ohio: Banking & Finance
- Ohio: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Ohio: Healthcare
- Ohio: Insurance: Policyholder
- Ohio: Intellectual Property
- Ohio: Litigation: General Commercial
- Ohio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Ohio Northern: Corporate/M&A
- Pittsburgh & Surrounds: Litigation: General Commercial
Numerous clients commended Jones Day's work and lawyers, lauding "tremendous depth and uniformly good lawyers at both the senior and junior end," and "highly engaged, capable, and client-centric professionals." Clients also said:
- "Their strength is in being able to handle exceedingly complex cases and give their full attention to develop and execute defense strategies."
- "Jones Day has a very deep bench and is able to bring to bear as much horsepower as needed to deal with complex transactions, short turnarounds, or multiple parties. They're able to quickly bring the very best to an issue and do so very effectively and efficiently."
- "The (Jones Day) team is terrific. They are knowledgeable, talented, personable and provide top-notch legal service. What is truly outstanding, though, is that the team always keeps its client's best interests at the forefront."
- "(Jones Day lawyers) are highly responsive and have a subject matter expert for anything one could think of."
- "Without exception, (Jones Day's) lawyers are extremely smart, extremely capable, very focused, and attentive to our matters and bring a lot of experience."
- "(Jones Day) has a global reach and provides seamless work product across all work jurisdictions."
- "An army of resources ready to tackle the most cutting-edge legal issues."
29 Band 1 Lawyer Rankings
Mark J. Andreini: Insurance - Ohio
Bruce S. Bennett: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - California; Bankruptcy/Restructuring - USA - Nationwide
Richard H. Deane Jr.: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Georgia
Thomas Demitrack: Antitrust - Ohio
Eric Dreiband: Labor & Employment - District of Columbia
James R. Dutro: Healthcare - California
Michelle K. Fischer: Antitrust - Ohio
Hilda C. Galvan: Intellectual Property - Texas
Gregory M. Gordon: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Texas
Michael J. Gray: Labor & Employment - Illinois
Calvin P. Griffith: Intellectual Property - Ohio
Gerald M. Griffith: Healthcare - Illinois
David A. Grubman: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity - Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh & Surrounds
Charles W. Hardin Jr.: Corporate/M&A - Ohio: North
Jeffrey L. Kapp: Healthcare - Ohio
Kathy Keneally: Tax: Fraud - USA - Nationwide
Andrew M. Luger: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Minnesota
Michael J. McConnell: Litigation: Securities - Georgia
J. Bruce McDonald: Antitrust - Texas
Joan E. McKown: Securities: Regulation: Enforcement - USA - Nationwide
Daniel D. McMillan: Construction - California; Construction - USA - Nationwide
Robert A. Profusek: Corporate/M&A - New York
Rachel L. Rawson: Banking & Finance - Massachusetts; Banking & Finance - Ohio
Stephen G. Sozio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Ohio
Lizanne Thomas: Corporate/M&A - Georgia
James R. Wooley: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Ohio
The Chambers USA rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.