Legal 500 EMEA 2021 recognizes 75 practices and 155 lawyers at Jones Day
The 2021 edition of The Legal 500 EMEA guide includes 75 practice areas and 155 lawyers in Jones Day's European and Middle East offices.
The Firm earned six Tier 1 practice rankings, and three lawyers were honored in Legal 500's "Hall of Fame." Additionally, 25 lawyers were ranked as "Leading Individuals," seven lawyers were named as "Next Generation Partners," and seven were designated as "Rising Stars." Additional detail and highlights follow:
Clients hail Jones Day for "…[showing] high knowledge, flexibility, availability," "… [a] full suite of capabilities to offer legal advice and counsel regarding a wide variety of legal practices with global expertise," and "[being] fast, pragmatic, precise, and extremely service-oriented." Additional comments from clients include:
- "The lawyers are brilliant. They are real experts and never complacent. They are nice to work with and always do their best to be available for their client."
- "Jones Day has provided first-class advice, both legal and strategic, and pulls together multi-disciplinary teams seamlessly across multiple offices to support different aspects of the project."
- "Outstanding capability to work as a team: cross-border and cross-culture."
- "The team is innovative and thinks outside the box. They are fierce opponents."
- "Fantastic availability and turnaround times for complicated requests; ability to coordinate multiple counsels; high quality and consistent end product and advice."
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Legal 500's "Hall of Fame" include:
- Philippe Delelis - France Administrative and public law
- Françoise Labrousse - France Environment
- Javier López Antón - Spain Banking and finance
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" include:
- Bernard Amory - Belgium Competition: EU and global
- Renato Antonini - Belgium Customs, trade, WTO and anti-dumping
- Chantal Biernaux - Belgium Employment
- Emmanuel Baud - France Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- José Bonilla - Spain White-collar crime
- Renaud Bonnet - France Private equity: Venture/growth capital
- Thomas Bouvet - France Intellectual property: Patents
- Florent Bouyer - France Capital markets: Equity capital markets
- Nicolas Brice - France Industry focus: Energy (regulatory and public law)
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage - France Derivatives and structured finance
- Philippe Delelis - France Industry focus: Energy (regulatory and public law)
- Matthieu Duplat - Belgium Banking, finance and capital markets
- Quirine Eenhorst - Netherlands Investment funds
- Mercedes Fernández - Spain Dispute resolution
- Charles Gavoty - France Private equity: Venture/growth capital
- Michèle Grégoire - Belgium Dispute resolution
- Frédéric Gros - France Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Olivier Haas - France Industry focus: IT and internet
- Linda Hesse - France Capital markets: Equity capital markets
- Florence Moulin - France Private equity: Fund formation
- Holger Neumann - Germany Industry focus: Telecoms
- Ansgar Rempp - Germany Corporate and M&A: M&A: Large deals (€500m+)
- Cristiana Spontoni - Belgium EU regulatory: Pharmaceuticals, medical devices and biotech
- Christine Van Gallebaert - France Derivatives and structured finance
- Undine von Diemar - Germany Information technology: Data protection
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partners" include:
- Fabienne Beuzit - France Insolvency
- Ferdinand Brughmans - Belgium Banking, finance and capital markets
- Vanessa Foncke - Belgium Dispute resolution
- Qian Hu - France Derivatives and structured finance
- Jean-Gabriel Griboul - France Private equity: Venture/growth capital
- Markus Weber - Germany Corporate and M&A: M&A: Large deals (€500m+)
- Philipp Werner - Germany Public sector: State aid
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" include:
- Antonio Canales - Spain Dispute resolution
- David Hernández - Spain Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Martin Lotz - Germany Information technology: Data protection
- Eva Monard - Belgium Customs, trade, WTO and anti-dumping
- • Blanca Puyol Martínez-Ferrando – Spain Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Armelle Sandrin-Deforge - France Environment
- Berta Viqueira Sierra - Spain White-collar crime
For 34 years, The Legal 500 has been analyzing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions. Legal 500's research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.