Chambers Global 2021 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2021 edition of Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 115 practice rankings and in 125 lawyer rankings. Highlights from the 2021 edition include:
Five Band 1 rankings across five practice areas
- Asia Pacific Intellectual Property
- Asia Pacific Life Sciences
- France Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Mexico Compliance
- USA Labor & Employment
Clients praise Jones Day as " … very knowledgeable of the law and very detail-oriented, thinking through and presenting to the client all the legal options and likely outcomes to help make the best decision," and "they have excellent client service, working both with in-house counsel and the business."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "Jones Day’s strengths are in strategy, legal knowledge and the ability to give honest advice."
- "Jones Day usually is our top choice for its global presence and extensive coverage of all aspects of the deal."
- "The alignment within Jones Day across borders is absolutely seamless."
- "No matter which country I have needed support in, Jones Day either has someone on staff or finds an excellent partner firm."
Eleven Jones Day's lawyers ranked in Chambers Global 2021 Band 1 include:
- Emmanuel G. Baud – France: Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright
- Bruce S. Bennett – USA: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage – France: Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan: Corporate/M&A
- Tony Chen – China: Intellectual Property (International Firms)
- Rémy Fekete – Africa: TMT
- Mercedes Fernández – Spain: Dispute Resolution
- Guillermo E. Larrea – Mexico: Compliance
- Anthony Muratore – Australia: Intellectual Property: Patents
- Robert A. Profusek – USA: Corporate M&A (International & Cross-Border)
- Sheila L. Shadmand – UAE: Corporate Investigations
Ten global-wide rankings
- Corporate Investigations
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
Jones Day also achieved 19 rankings in Chambers' International & Cross-Border Capabilities tables in Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, UK, and USA. These tables identify the best and most user-friendly firms for cross-border transactional, contentious, enforcement and regulatory, antitrust, and energy sector matters.
The Chambers Global rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.