Twelve from Jones Day named among nation's most powerful employment lawyers
Twelve Jones Day lawyers, including 11 from the Firm's Labor & Employment Practice and one from the Issues & Appeals Practice, were recognized in Lawdragon's 13th annual list of "Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers." The list acknowledges "the nation’s top talent representing Corporate America defending wage and hour, discrimination and a host of other claims; advising on key matters from immigration to executive compensation and employee benefits; and handling union and other labor-management relation matters."
Each of the 12 Firm lawyers on Lawdragon's list has been included for at least two consecutive years, and some are recognized for a particular focus area in Labor & Employment law. They are:
- David Birnbaum (Chicago), 3rd straight year listed
- Joanne Bush (Houston), 3rd straight year listed
- Terri Chase (New York), focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 5th straight year listed
- Patricia Dunn (Washington) focus on Collective Bargaining, 3rd straight year listed
- Brian West Easley (Minneapolis), focus on Labor-Management Relations, 6th straight year listed
- Michael Gray (Chicago), focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 11th straight year listed
- Jacqueline Holmes (Washington), focus on OSHA, 2nd straight year listed
- F. Curt Kirschner Jr. (San Francisco), 11th straight year listed
- Matthew Lampe (New York), focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 10th straight year listed
- Alison Marshall (Washington), focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 11th straight year listed
- Efrat Schulman (Chicago), focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 2nd straight year listed
- Stanley Weiner (Dallas), Hall of Fame – focus on Labor & Employment Litigation, 6th straight year listed, 2019 Hall of Fame inductee
Jones Day's Labor & Employment Practice includes more than 135 dedicated lawyers in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Australia. They counsel clients, provide regulatory guidance, and litigate matters relating to all aspects of employment law.
Lawdragon is a legal media company providing online news and editorial features along with annual guides to the nation's leading lawyers. The "Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers" list is compiled from research, submissions by firms and clients, and peer review.