Fourteen Jones Day lawyers named "BTI Client Service All-Stars"
Fourteen Jones Day lawyers are named 2020 Client Service All-Stars in the BTI Consulting Group's survey of corporate counsel and other legal services decision makers. Two of Jones Day's lawyers, Jeff Jones and Mike Solecki, were also awarded BTI's MVP distinction, given to lawyers named to the list in consecutive years.
The lawyers selected to this list, " … impress corporate counsel with their keen understanding of business impacts and unwavering commitment to client objectives." Survey participants identified the five overarching characteristics that drive superior client service performance for All-Stars as Engagement ("…always a part of their client’s life…"); Investing ("…studying the business…"); Savvy ("…know their way around the rules, people, and issues, and always find ways to get things done…"); Unequivocal ("… make their thoughts known… clear, concise, and don’t hedge…"); and Anticipation ("…looking forward and planning for the next steps before clients ever ask...").
"Jones Day continues to show a cultural commitment to client service," says Michael B. Rynowecer, BTI President who directs the research, "Jones Day is home to 14 BTI Client Service All-Stars in 2020, more than any other firm." Rynowecer continues.
Jones Day lawyers named as 2020 BTI Client Service All-Stars include:
- Yvette McGee Brown – Business & Tort Litigation, Columbus
- Scott Cowan – Business & Tort Litigation, Houston
- John Froemming – Intellectual Property, Washington
- Lyle Ganske – M&A, Cleveland and Houston
- Brian Hershman – Business & Tort Litigation, Los Angeles
- Jeff Jones - Business & Tort Litigation, Detroit
- Lisa Ledbetter – Financial Markets, Washington
- John Normile – Intellectual Property, New York
- Stephanie Parker – Practice Leader, Business & Tort Litigation, Atlanta
- James Poth, Health Care & Life Sciences, Irvine
- Bruce Raphael – M&A, Boston
- Bill Rowland – M&A, Atlanta
- Michael Solecki – Financial Markets, Cleveland
- Kate Wallace – Business & Tort Litigation, Boston
The BTI Client Service All-Stars 2020 draws solely on in-depth, telephone-based interviews as part of BTI's ongoing Annual Survey of General Counsel, now in its 19th year. More than 350 in-depth interviews with top legal decision makers were conducted between October 1, 2019 and March 12, 2020. The companies spanned 17 industry sectors and ranged in size from revenues of $700 million to the largest corporations in the world. No law firm submissions, self-referrals, firm referrals, suggestions, or payments are accepted for inclusion.