PLI's 36th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum
Companies need to keep pace with a changing reporting landscape as a result of COVID-19. This event will discuss accounting and disclosure related to COVID-19, as well as the standard-setting agenda of the FASB, updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. Faculty will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
Jones Day of counsel Roman E. Darmer will serve on a panel titled "Staying Out of Trouble – SEC Enforcement Update" on December 3rd.
What You Will Learn
- Accounting and disclosure related to COVID-19, including a focus on impairment accounting and reporting issues
- Updates on rulemaking and interpretive guidance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance
- Lease accounting issues, including a focus on the impact of COVID-19
- Gearing up for your MD&A disclosures
- Lessons from SEC comment letters
- Recent SEC enforcement actions, whistleblowing developments and ethical challenges
- Financial instruments guidance, including implementation of FASB’s CECL accounting standard with a focus on year-end disclosures and the SEC’s observations
- Other key accounting developments from the FASB, including their project on segment reporting
- PCAOB update with a focus on Critical Audit Matters
- Our SEC Reporting Roundtable will provide a lively discussion of current events, including COVID-19 accounting and reporting issues
- Key focus areas and hot topics throughout
Who Should Attend
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation or review of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and audit committee members.
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit the "36th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum" page on the PLI website.