Legal 500 United Kingdom 2021 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2021 edition of The Legal 500 United Kingdom guide ranks Jones Day in 18 practice areas, including a Tier 1 ranking in the category "Fraud: civil," and 66 lawyer rankings. The lawyer rankings include two Hall of Fame lawyers, four Leading Individuals, three Next Generation Partners, and two Associate Rising Stars.
Two Lawyers Ranked in Legal 500’s Hall of Fame:
- Ben Larkin: Finance – Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Sion Richards: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
Four Lawyers Ranked Leading Lawyers:
- Andrew Barker: Real estate – Property finance
- Edwin Borrini: Finance – Trade finance
- Anna Cartwright: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Alistair Grant: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
Three Lawyers Ranked Next Generation Partners:
- Emily Stew: Real estate – Property finance
- Dan Travers: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- Annabel Treadgold: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
Two Lawyers Ranked Associate Rising Stars:
- Sarah Batley: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- Kirsty Rogerson: Real estate – Commercial property: development
Clients hail Jones Day as "probably the best fraud team in London right now," "one of the most effective and well-established players in the top end London dispute resolution market," and "excellent across the spectrum and especially knowledgeable around transitional real estate and development finance." Additional comments from clients include:
- "It is clear that the lawyers we work with are all pulling together as a team, rather than as a collection of individual lawyers, to provide us with top notch client service. All of the lawyers we deal with have sound technical ability but their focus on working seamlessly together across practices and offices is second to none and marks them out as a firm focused on first rate client service. A number of individuals are seen as trusted advisers to us because of their business understanding and not just legal ability."
- "Jones Day has a strong real estate practice across Europe particularly in relation to high-end, complicated real estate development and investment work and we have undertaken large transactions with them, often on a cross border basis, in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Holland and the Netherlands. They have a real focus on efficiency whilst excelling at client service and solutions delivery."
- "Jones Day is one of the most effective and well-established players in the top end London dispute resolution market. I have yet to work with someone there who I did not regard as impressive."
- "The London team is very much an international team. It seems to be completely connected with the construction, energy and infrastructure teams elsewhere and in our experience puts forward the best team to assist, rather than a team limited by the capabilities of one office."
The UK edition of The Legal 500 is now in its 34th year and, like the other established editions of the guide, is relied upon by millions of buyers of legal services worldwide when they need to instruct outside counsel. The Legal 500 rankings are based on thousands of interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client.