Legal 500 Latin America 2021 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2021 edition of The Legal 500 Latin America guide ranks Jones Day in 18 practice areas. The Firm also earned 80 lawyer rankings including seven Leading Individuals, three Next Generation Partners, and two Associate Rising Stars, as follows:
Seven Lawyers Ranked Leading Lawyers:
- Mauricio Castilla: Mexico: Corporate and M&A
- Alberto de la Parra: Mexico: Banking and finance; and Projects and infrastructure
- José Estandía: Mexico: Energy and natural resources
- Guillermo Larrea: Mexico: Compliance
- Silvia Malagón: Mexico: Capital markets
- Javier Martínez del Campo: Mexico: Banking and finance
- Bertha Ordaz-Avilés: Mexico: Competition and antitrust; and TMT
Three Lawyers Ranked Next Generation Partners:
- Jesús Altamirano: Mexico: Competition and antitrust
- Artur Badra: International firms: Corporate and M&A
- Rodrigo Gómez Ballina: Mexico: Tax
Two Lawyers Ranked Associate Rising Stars:
- Arturo de la Parra: Mexico: Projects and energy
- Mauricio Villegas: Mexico: Environment
Clients hail Jones Day saying the Firm’s "dedication to the client and project differentiates them from their competitors," "level of knowledge, dedication and professionalism is unique," and "global reach allows (it) to tap into experiences from other parts of the world." Additional comments from clients include:
- "I’d highlight their follow-up and commitment. The team is highly professional with a broad sense of responsibility and partnership with its clients."
- "The team’s knowledge of the regulation and set of standards applicable to the renewable sector in Mexico is unique. In addition to this, there is a knowledge of the market, the players, financing and corporate operations, and the negotiation terms of PPA contracts, which are extremely useful."
- "The plus and differentiator is the in-depth knowledge of our organization."
The Latin America edition of The Legal 500 is now in its ninth year and, like the other established editions of the guide, is relied upon by millions of buyers of legal services worldwide when they need to instruct outside counsel. The Legal 500 rankings are based on thousands of interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client.