PLI's 16th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum for Mid-sized & Smaller Companies
8:00 am - 4:30 pm ET
Jones Day partner John Tang and SEC Associate Regional Director Alka Patel will discuss the SEC enforcement environment at PLI's 16th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum for Mid-sized & Smaller Companies.
About the Program
Mid-sized and smaller reporting companies need to keep pace with a changing reporting landscape as a result of COVID-19. Attendees will learn about the accounting, disclosure, and reporting relief related to COVID-19, as well as the standard-setting agenda of the FASB, updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. PLI's faculty will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
What You Will Learn
- Accounting, disclosure, and reporting relief related to COVID-19, including a focus on impairment accounting and reporting issues
- The current regulatory landscape and emerging issues, including the SEC's proposed MD&A guidance and their new release about the use of metrics
- Status of the credit losses standard implementation and other hot topics involving financial instruments
- An update on internal control over financial reporting, with a discussion of best practices
- Tuning up your MD&A – what investors and regulators are currently focusing on and how to meet their expectations, including disclosure considerations for risks and impacts of COVID-19
- The latest practices on ESG disclosures and a review of the key frameworks for ESG reporting
- Our SEC Reporting Roundtable will provide a lively discussion of current events, including COVID-19 accounting, disclosure, and reporting issues
- Recent SEC enforcement actions, whistleblowing developments, and ethical challenges
- Detailed updates on the latest developments at the SEC and FASB
Who Should Attend?
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation or review of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and audit committee members.
For more information, and to register, please visit PLI's 16th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum for Mid-sized & Smaller Companies event page.