Jones Day’s Paris Office achieves top rankings in the 2020 editions of Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA
The 2020 editions of Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA recognize Jones Day’s Paris Office in 39 practice rankings and recommend 43 Firm lawyers as leading practitioners in France. Highlights include:
10 Band 1 and Tier 1 practice rankings across five practice areas:
- Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Intellectual Property
- Private Equity: Venture Capital
- Public Law
Numerous accounts of clients praising Jones Day’s “remarkably efficient team” in Paris, highlighting its “availability at all times,” “adaptability to client needs and culture,” “combativeness and wisdom allied with a great sense of strategic effect.”
Additional comments from clients include:
- "The lawyers are very close to their clients. They have really good knowledge of the business, they anticipate our needs and they always strive to be innovative."
- "The practice had an extremely well structured and organized approach to a multi-jurisdictional project which was highly demanding in scope and timeline."
- "The team provides perfect quality and adapted work, is very responsive, always available and extremely competent."
- "The Jones Day team was always punctual, excellent in coordination and quite able to understand the local issues and reflect them into the transaction documents."
- "The team is extremely responsive, with great access to partners and transparency of case management."
- "They are very detail-oriented and good for complex deals."
11 lawyers earned 17 Band 1/Tier 1 rankings:
- Emmanuel G. Baud: Intellectual Property (Chambers and Legal 500)
- Renaud Bonnet: Private Equity: Venture Capital (Chambers and Legal 500)
- Thomas Bouvet: Intellectual Property: Patents (Legal 500)
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage: Capital Markets: Derivatives (Chambers and Legal 500)
- Philippe Delelis: Public Law (Chambers and Legal 500); Energy: Regulatory and Public Law (Legal 500)
- Charles Gavoty: Private Equity: Venture Capital (Legal 500)
- Frédéric Gros: Banking Litigation (Legal 500)
- Linda A. Hesse: Equity Capital Markets (Legal 500)
- Françoise S. Labrousse: Environment (Chambers and Legal 500)
- Florence Moulin: Private Equity: Fund Formation (Legal 500)
- Christine Van Gallebaert: Derivatives and Structured Finance (Legal 500)
The Chambers and Legal 500 rankings are based on interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client.