Chambers Europe 2020 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers throughout Europe
The 2020 edition of Chambers Europe: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 57 practice rankings and honors 87 Firm lawyers who were named leading lawyers in the European region. Highlights from the 2020 edition include:
Europe-wide rankings across eight practice areas
- Arbitration (International)
- Dispute Resolution
- International Trade/WTO
- Life Sciences
- Regulatory: Agro/Food
- Regulatory: Environment
- TMT: Telecommunications
Numerous accounts of clients acclaiming Jones Day’s "dedicated and talented individuals, combativeness and wisdom allied with a great sense of strategic effect," "clear understanding of market practices, which are invaluable to foreign investors," and the "rigour, solvency, involvement and empathy’ deployed by the firm."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "They are very close to their clients. They have really good knowledge of the business, they anticipate our needs and they always strive to be innovative."
- "They care about our issues and they are committed."
- "The team is ‘extremely responsive, with great access to partners and transparency of case management,’ before going on to add that the lawyers are ‘incredibly proactive, pragmatic and knowledgeable, taking a can-do attitude at a rarely seen level.’"
- "(The) practitioners (have) ‘excellent technical skills, strong knowledge of the institutions and adaptability to client needs and culture.’"
The Chambers Europe rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.