PLI's Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2019
This three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions—from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multiparty joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
- Impact of the 2017 Tax Act on corporate acquisitions and dispositions
- Overview and strategies in representing sellers
- Taxable transaction alternatives
- Advanced transactional planning in private equity M&A
- Understanding and managing stock basis and earnings and profits
- Corporate tax strategies and techniques using partnerships and LLCs
- Passthrough corporations—RICs, REITs and UpCs
Jones Day Tax Practice partners Richard. M Nugent and Scott M. Levine will speak on panels entitled "Passthrough Corporations—RICs, REITs and UpCs " and "Interesting Corporate Transactions of the Past Year," respectively.
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. To register and determine CLE credit information, visit the Practising Law Institute event website.