PLI's Patent Litigation 2019: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices
450 N Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Jones Day partner John A. Marlott will be speaking on a panel entitled "Twenty Plus Years After the Markman Decision – Claim Construction Today" at the upcoming PLI Patent Litigation 2019: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices program.
Whether you represent potential plaintiffs or defendants in patent litigation, you must be up-to-date on the current state of the law and able to quickly develop successful litigation strategies and tactics. Outside and in-house lawyers with national reputations in patent litigation will offer guidance on preparing for, managing and trying bench and jury patent trials, as well as U.S. Patent Office post-grant trial proceedings. The program as a whole also will furnish comprehensive coverage of every phase of these patent matters. Judges will provide their insights on the conduct and management of patent litigation, in addition to sharing practical guidance for litigants.
What You Will Learn
- Watch a demonstration of an effective opening statement in a patent case from the plaintiff and the defendant, including commentary from a jury consultant
- Hear recent developments affecting patent litigation practice and case strategies, including current and future impacts of key Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions, as well as proposed legislation
- Discover strategies for multi-party litigation, joint defense groups, indemnification, and indirect and divided infringement claims
- Understand advanced strategies and tactics in navigating the complex world of patents, including patent monetization and litigation finance, patent litigation, parallel PTO proceedings, and business considerations
- Explore trends in patent remedies: damages, injunctions and ongoing royalties where an injunction is not granted
- Recognize ethical issues in jury cases, including the role of social media
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. To register for the event or determine CLE credit, visit the PLI event website.