Jones Day ranks No. 1 in M&A for 19th year in a row
The global law firm Jones Day ranks #1 for number of deals worldwide in the Bloomberg M&A league tables for 2018. The Firm has maintained the #1 ranking for 19 consecutive years and every quarter since year-end 2000.
Deals announced in 2018 on which Jones Day advised include:
- Marathon Petroleum in its $23.3 billion acquisition of Andeavor;
- SAP in its $8 billion acquisition of Qualtrics;
- USG Corporation in its $7 billion acquisition by Gebr. Knauf;
- Southern Company in its $6.5 billion sale of certain Florida assets to NextEra Energy;
- Pátron Spirits in its acquisition by Bacardi, valuing Pátron at $5.1 billion;
- UPL in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Arysta LifeScience;
- Procter & Gamble in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Merck KGaA's consumer health business;
- Nutrien in its $4.1 billion sale of SQM A share investment to Tianqi Lithium;
- Newell Brands in its $2.3 billion sale of the Waddington Group to Novolex; and
- Cylance in its $1.4 billion acquisition by Blackberry.
Since 2000, Jones Day has done more M&A deals than any other law firm in the world. Jones Day's global footprint – the Firm has more than 400 M&A lawyers around the world in 18 countries – offers clients a distinctive set of capabilities for global transactions.
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.