PLI's Blockchain Technology, Smart Code, and Smart Contracts: Issues and Risks
Many people know that bitcoin is based on blockchain technology, but fewer understand how the underlying technology is being applied to a much broader range of commercial and business functions. Most of these applications involve the use of smart code and smart contracts.
- What are smart code and smart contracts and how are they different;
- How blockchain technology (which is a type of distributed ledger technology, or DLT) works;
- How smart code functions on a blockchain and can be used to create smart contracts;
- Existing and potential applications of smart code and smart contracts; and
- The legal and technical risks raised by the potential for expanded use of smart code and smart contracts in commercial environments.
To view a recording of the webcast, please visit the PLI website.