PLI's Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings Chicago 2018
Intercontinental Hotel Chicago
505 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
This three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
- Impact of the 2017 Tax Act on corporate acquisitions and dispositions
- Overview and strategies in representing sellers
- Taxable transaction alternatives
- Advanced transactional planning in private equity M&A
- Understanding and managing stock basis and earnings and profits
- Corporate tax strategies and techniques using partnerships and LLCs
- Passthrough corporations – RICs, REITs and UpCs
- Interesting corporate transactions of the past year
- Exploring the limits of the evolving economic substance and business purpose doctrines, and related penalty and ethical issues
Jones Day Tax Practice partners Richard. M Nugent and Candace Ridgway will speak on panels entitled "Passthrough Corporations – RICs, REITs and UpCs" and "Tax Strategies for Financially Troubled Businesses and Other Loss Companies," respectively.
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. To register and determine CLE credit information, visit the Practising Law Institute event website.