PLI's 20th Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute
PLI California Center
685 Market Street
San Francisco, California 94105
Improving the skills of identifying, appreciating and weighing your client’s leverage in negotiating the commercial real estate fundamentals (rents, vacancy rates and development activity) will be the focus of the 2018 Commercial Real Estate Institute. Practitioners with this understanding will find it easier to achieve and maintain a viable real estate practice where their advice adds value. This program helps practicing attorneys enhance those abilities while performing the traditional transactional skills, and while developing workout and enforcement skills, so that they can help their clients take advantage of their leverage and regain any lost footing more quickly.
What You Will Learn
- New! The impact of tax reform on the commercial real estate industry
- Understanding real estate joint ventures
- Maximizing your client’s leverage in negotiating purchases and sales, and closing complex commercial transactions, in the current environment
- Identifying whether your lender is overly cautious and finding the right lending balance
- How to avoid real estate litigation (from foreclosures to evictions) and knowing what to do when it is inevitable
- Environmental issues affecting real estate deals
- Taking advantage of the upside of greening leases and avoiding the downside
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDIT
Registration for this event is required. To register for this event and groupcast sessions, sign up for the webcast, or determine CLE credit, please visit the Practising Law Institute event site.