Trade Wars: Ukrainian Business Under Threat?
Hotel Hyatt Regency Kyiv
St. Alla Tarasova, 5
09:30 - 13:30
This event is divided in two parts covering various topics. Jones Day partner Renato Antonini will take part in Discussion 1.
Discussion 1: Global Trade War and Ukraine
- The WTO crisis: causes, consequences, options for resolution
- U.S. influence on international trade
- Bilateral agreements: an alternative to the WTO?
- Ukraine and the WTO: risk zones
- How does the global trade war threaten Ukraine and Ukrainian business?
- Possibilities to protect national interests
Discussion 2: Trade Protection Measures and Export Control in Ukraine
- Who in fact protects trade and economic restrictions
- Overview of trade protection measures applied by Ukraine
- The embargo and sanctions: what business should pay attention to
- Export control: features of Ukrainian practice
- Preventive measures of Ukrainian business
Speakers for the event include: Renato Antonini, Partner of JONES DAY (Brussels); Victor Galasyk, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Industrial Policy & Entrepreneurship; Ivan Yurchenko, Head of the Contractual and General Legal Department of the Directorate for Legal Support of METINVEST HOLDING; Denis Krasnikov, Vice-President of the Ukrainian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs; Olga Trofimtseva, member of the Interdepartmental Commission for International Trade; and many more.
The event agenda can be found on the registration page. Registration is free. .