Conference on Trade Defense Instruments
9:40 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
This conference will focus on tackling issues involving trade defense, which have become more and more prominent on the political agenda of Europe. Such issues include:
- How to deal with China’s claim to be a market economy
- How to make the European Union’s trade defense instruments more efficient, so parties can react quickly while respecting due process rights of all interested parties
- How to take into account the WTO dimension in EU cases
Jones Day partner Renato Antonini will speak and elaborate on court judgments of important EU cases. Key topics include:
- Court judgments
- Significant distortions methodology
- Trade defense instrument ("TDI") modernization
- WTO TDI Reports
- EU TDI
Other speakers include: Prof. Kalimo, IES; Karel De Gucht, President, IES; Frank Hoffmeister, COM Trade; Ines Van Lierde, AEGIS; Karl Tachelet, Eurofer; Carolina Cumbo Nacheli, COM Trade; Ariane Demeneix, COM LS; Nicolaj Kuplewatzky, COM LS; Gustavo Luengo, COM LS; Natascha Mifsud, COM Trade; and others.