Chambers Latin America 2019 recognizes 22 Jones Day lawyers and 16 practices
Chambers Latin America has recognized 22 Jones Day lawyers in its 2019 edition. Eight of the Firm's lawyers were ranked among the best in Latin America in Banking & Finance, Corporate Crime & Investigations, Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, and Projects. The guide also rated 14 of the Firm's lawyers among the top in Mexico, including in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Competition/Antitrust, Compliance, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Energy & Natural Resources, Environment, Projects, Real Estate, and Tax.
Jones Day's Banking & Finance, Corporate Crime & Investigations, Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, and Projects practices were ranked among the best in Latin America.
The Firm's Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Competition/Antitrust, Compliance, Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Environment, Global Disputes, Projects, and Real Estate practices were recognized as among the best in Mexico, while the Firm’s Corporate/M&A practice was also highlighted as being one of the leading practices in Brazil.
Jones Day lawyers listed in Chambers Latin America 2019, along with the areas of practice for which they were recognized, are listed below.
- S. Wade Angus – Corporate/M&A
- María Luisa Cánovas – Corporate/M&A
- Marcello Hallake – Energy & Natural Resources
- Michael McGuinness – Corporate/M&A
- Richard Puttré – Projects
- James Salerno – Banking & Finance
- Eric Snyder – Corporate Crime & Investigations
- Fradyn Suárez – Banking & Finance
- Jesús Gabriel Altamirano – Competition/Antitrust
- Alberto de la Parra Zavala – Energy & Natural Resources, Projects
- Arturo de la Parra – Projects
- Fernando de Ovando – Banking & Finance
- Javier Martinez del Campo – Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A
- José A. Estandía Fernández – Energy & Natural Resources
- Antonio Franck – Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A
- Rodrigo Gómez Ballina – Tax
- Guillermo Larrea – Compliance
- Mauricio Llamas – Environment
- Silvia Malagón – Capital Markets
- Manuel Romano Mijares – Real Estate
- José Antonio Vázquez Cobo – Dispute Resolution
- Mauricio Villegas – Environment
Details regarding the survey's methodology, along with Jones Day's rankings, are available on the Chambers website.
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.