PLI's Securities Litigation 2018: From Investigation to Trial
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas, (2nd floor), entrance on 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
The landscape of securities litigation is constantly evolving and changing. This program takes you through all the issues that can arise in the most complex securities matters — from the initial government investigation to the filing of the civil cases to either settlement or trial. If you practice in this dynamic field, you know that the need to stay current and develop new strategies and tactics has never been more important.
Jones Day Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement partner Geoffrey Ritts will speak on a panel entitled "Commencement of a Civil Action: Filing the Complaint, Preparing the Motion to Dismiss, Coordinating Multiple Securities Litigation Actions"
What You Will Learn
- How to approach the initial investigation and work with state and federal regulators in the interests of your clients
- How to assess the civil complaints and coordinate multi-district action
- How to litigate the case through the pleadings, discovery, class certification and summary judgment
- How to approach mediation and settlement of a securities action
- How to try a securities litigation or arbitration
- How to approach and assess ethical issues associated with complex securities litigation
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDIT
Registration for this event is required. To register for the live event, groupcast events, or webcast or to determine CLE credit, please visit the PLI event website.