Seminar on the new Belgian Companies Code
University of Louvain
Auditoire Montesquieu, Place Montesquieu
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
8.30 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
The University of Louvain’s (UCL) Interdisciplinary Center of Research Law, Business and Society (CRIDES – Jean Renauld) is organizing a seminar on February 8, 2018 on the current reform of the Belgian Companies Code. This reform aims at modernizing Belgian company law in view of promoting greater flexibility and competitivity, and will substantially modify the current legal framework.
The seminar will provide in-depth analysis on expected changes to the Companies Code. Topics will include:
- Main features of the new Companies Code (Les lignes de force du nouveau code);
- Concepts, categories, and principles under the new Companies Code (Les concepts, les catégories et les principes);
- The new limited liability company and the absence of capital (La société à responsabilité limitée sans capital et ses conséquences);
- Securities and transfer of securities (Les titres et leurs transferts);
- Company bodies (Les organes);
- Restructuring and winding up (Les restructurations et les liquidations);
- Registered seat and cross-border conversions of companies (Le siège statutaire et les transformations transfrontalières);
- Perspective of the Notary (Le point de vue du notaire);
- Accounting and tax impact of the new Companies Code (Les aspects comptables et fiscaux).
Brussels partner Matthieu Duplat will speak on a panel on "Securities and transfer of securities" ("Titres et leurs transferts") and will discuss in particular the reform’s anticipated changes to capital increases of listed and non-listed companies.
Brussels associate Thomas Flament will speak on a panel on "Company Bodies" ("Les organes") and will discuss in particular the reform’s expected changes to both shareholders’ and bondholders’ meetings, as well as to shareholders’ agreements.
Registration for this event is required. To register, visit the University of Louvain website. Over 380 participants are currently registered. For more information, please also see the attached invitation (in French).