ACI’s 24th National Forum on Residential Mortgage Regulatory Enforcement & Litigation
Omni Dallas Hotel Park West
1590 LBJ Freeway
Dallas TX 75234
On September 26, 2017, Dallas partner Al Rota will speak at the American Conference Institute's 24th National Forum on Residential Mortgage Regulatory Enforcement & Litigation. This two-day conference will discuss information and provide strategies for navigating the evolving regulatory landscape, overcoming litigation hurdles, and preparing for new and emerging government enforcement initiatives.
Mr. Rota will appear on a panel that will discuss "CFPB Authority and the Residential Mortgage Industry: Exploring Recent Decisions, Regulatory Considerations and Enforcement Concerns." Other panelists are Francis X. Riley III of Saul Ewing and Martin C. Bryce, Jr. of Ballard Spahr LLP. Topics to be discussed by the panel include:
- Understanding the effect of the new administration on CFPB authority
- Assessing CFPB’s rulemaking agenda — what’s new/on the horizon?
- Examining the updated mortgage servicing rule
- Survey of recent/trending areas for CFPB enforcement actions
- Reviewing CFPB examinations
- Implications of the PHH decision
- Addressing potential UDAAP concerns
- Sorting through loan modification issues
- Duty of care owed to borrowers
- Reviewing the Yvanova and Daniels case
- Addressing the expansion of wrongful foreclosure and whether borrower demonstrates actual damages from foreclosure
- Appealing CFPB decisions
- Identifying false and misleading actions by lenders
- What is misleading? Is it the terms/conditions in fine print?
- Explaining qualifying factors and selling the product in the best light but not telling the obligations
For more information or to register, visit the event website.
CLE credit is available; registration is required.