Eli Temkin advocates for clients on critical motions and appeals in complex litigation. He represents and counsels clients in a variety of industries and matters, including structured finance litigation, contract disputes, business torts, and constitutional challenges. Eli's experience includes briefing matters before the United States Supreme Court, as well as federal and state trial and appellate courts.
Eli maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on appellate representation of parties and amici. He also served on a team that won asylum on behalf of a client from Honduras.
- University of Michigan (J.D. summa cum laude 2015; Order of the Coif; Executive Editor, Michigan Law Review; Member, Henry M. Campbell Moot Court Board); Washington University in St. Louis (A.B. with honors 2010; Phi Beta Kappa)
- Minnesota, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Eighth and Ninth Circuits
- Intern, U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Missouri (2013)
- Recognized as a North Star Lawyer by the Minnesota State Bar Association (2017)
- Law Clerk to: the Honorable Diana E. Murphy, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (2016-2017) and the Honorable Patrick J. Schiltz, U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota (2015-2016)