Erin Shencopp counsels and defends clients in all antitrust aspects of their strategic transactions and significant business decisions. She has defended multibillion dollar mergers in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission, litigated merger cases in federal court, and defended clients in government investigations and private litigation alleging price-fixing, monopolization, tying, and other anticompetitive conduct. In 2017 and 2018, Erin was named to Who's Who Legal: Competition — Future Leaders.
Erin has experience in a broad range of industries, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, health care services, consumer products, telecommunications, mining, and chemicals. Representative clients include Aetna, Baxter International, Boehringer Ingelheim, Cardinal Health, AB Electrolux, and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan. Erin's work includes counseling clients at every stage of a deal, including premerger planning, regulatory filings, investigations, and litigation. She also frequently advises clients on a variety of antitrust issues, including competitor and vertical collaborations, information sharing, distribution arrangements, and pricing and contracting practices.
In addition, Erin is actively involved in pro bono work. She has successfully tried an asylum case and has argued a habeas corpus petition before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. She also contributes to several antitrust law publications and is a member of Bryn Mawr College's President's Advisory Council.
- 2015Antitrust Law Answer Book 2015, contributor, Practicing Law Institute
- 2014Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments, 2014 Update, Contributor
- 2012Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments, 2012 Update, Contributor
- University of Michigan (J.D. magna cum laude 2003; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Michigan Law Review); Bryn Mawr College (A.B. magna cum laude 2000)
- Illinois and New York
Recommended by The Legal 500 US for antitrust civil litigation/class actions and merger control
"Rising Star," Illinois Super Lawyers (2012)
- Law Clerk to Justice Frank Sullivan Jr., Indiana Supreme Court (2003-2004)