Charlie Stewart assists clients with addressing antitrust and competition issues related to merger review, compliance, and government investigations. He has experience in premerger counseling, including compliance with Hart-Scott-Rodino premerger requirements. He also has guided clients through government merger reviews, investigations, and litigation, helping them respond to Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requests for information, providing written advocacy, and preparing witnesses for depositions and investigational hearings.
Charlie has represented clients in many industries, including consumer goods, technology, aerospace, defense, food products, and financial services.
Charlie also maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting low-income clients maintain stable housing.
The Mystifying Antitrust Agency Clearance Process; Or How I Learned to Accept Disorder and Move Forward ,The M&A Lawyer, Vol. 25, Issue 8
HSR Clearance: Security Blanket or False Sense of Security for Merging Parties?, The M&A Lawyer, Vol. 25, Issue 4
- March 2022
DOJ/FMC Partnership to Promote Ocean Liner Shipping Competition: Smooth Sailing, or Rough Seas Ahead?, The Pipeline, Spring 2022, Vol. 1, Issue 1
- March 2022
Proposed Legislation in New York Would Enact the First General, State-Level Premerger Reporting Regime, The M&A Lawyer, Vol. 26, Issue 3
- Comment, The Rhetorical Canons of Construction: New Textualism's Rhetoric Problem, 116 Mich. L. Rev. 1485 (2018)
- Online Essay, State Court Litigation: A New Front in the War Against Partisan Gerrymandering, 116 Mich. L. Rev. Online (2018)
- University of Michigan (J.D. cum laude 2018; Notes Editor, The Michigan Law Review); The Ohio State University (Master of Accounting 2013; B.S.B.A. in Economics summa cum laude 2012)
- Ohio and District of Columbia
- Law Clerk to Judge Charles F. Lettow, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2018) and Extern to Judge Michael H. Watson, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2016)