Josh Roseman conducts internal investigations, advises on ethics and compliance, and defends companies, directors, and management in high-stakes criminal and civil matters. Josh has led numerous internal investigations of alleged misconduct and also has defended U.S. and foreign clients from investigations by DOJ, SEC, World Bank, state AG's, and other federal and state authorities.
Josh has led investigations into, and defended against, allegations of accounting fraud, corruption, insider trading, embezzlement, and many other matters. Josh recently completed internal investigations for the boards of two Fortune 10 companies. Relatedly, he counsels boards and compliance officers on ethics and compliance programs. Josh previously represented a corporate monitor where he assessed compliance and accounting controls and reported to DOJ. As a securities litigator and trial lawyer, Josh has defended some of the largest shareholder class actions, derivative cases, and proxy contests.
Josh was part of a trial team that won a jury verdict The National Law Journal named a "Top 10 defense verdict" of the year. As an Assistant District Attorney in Dallas County he tried more than 20 cases to jury verdict. He is a regular speaker on internal investigations, ethics and compliance, and corporate culture. Josh is a Certified Fraud Specialist and a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. D Magazine named him among the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" three years in a row, and Texas Monthly named him a Super Lawyer Rising Star seven times. He serves on the boards of the Dallas chapters of JDRF and the ADL.
Texas Supreme Court Removes Obstacle to Corporate Cooperation in DOJ and SEC Investigations, The Texas Lawbook
- August 8-9, 2019Why Culture Matters, Annual TXCPA Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Conference
- February 28, 2019Anatomy of an Ethics and Compliance Scandal, SMU Certificate in Ethics and Compliance
- November 7, 2018SMU Dedman School of Law Corporate Counsel Externship Program, guest lecturer, Internal Investigations
- October 16, 2018Texas General Counsel Forum Beyond the Basics: Recent Developments and New Best Practices for Compliance and Investigations
- September 19, 2018Internal Investigations for Non-lawyers, Deloitte Virtual Classroom
- August 2-3, 2018The VW Investigation: Back on the Road Again, 30th Annual Texas Environmental Superconference
- May 4, 2018Mitigating Pitfalls in Internal Investigations, 28th Annual DFW Fraud Conference
- February 21-22, 2018Internal Investigations, SMU Certificate in Ethics and Compliance
- September 24, 2014Updates Every Corporate Counsel Should Know, State Bar of Texas: Corporate Counsel Section
- October 2, 2013The General Counsel Forum - Conducting an Internal Investigation
- September 7, 2012Controllers Share Forum Anti-Corruption Compliance for Controllers
- October 20, 2011Jones Day Dallas CLE University
- October 5, 2010Corporate Compliance Programs in the New Era of Government Enforcement
- Northwestern University (J.D. 1998); The University of Texas at Austin (B.A. 1995)
- Texas and U.S. District Courts for the: Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas; Eastern District of Michigan; and Western District of Wisconsin
- Law Clerk to: Justice Harriet O'Neill (1999) and Justice Rose Spector (1998-1999), Supreme Court of Texas