Heith Rodman's practice focuses on transactions, product development, and regulatory issues facing the financial services industry, financial technology, and payment systems. He regularly advises clients on a wide range of transactional, regulatory, and strategic matters, including blockchain technology and security tokens, proprietary and co-branded card programs, payment processing agreements, and development of emerging financial products, as well as compliance with financial industry, consumer financial protection, and data security laws and regulations. Heith's clients range from traditional financial institutions such as banks and bank holding companies, to sophisticated global merchants, to leading-edge financial technology companies.
Heith also advises financial institutions and financial technology firms in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and capital-raising activities. He provides regulatory advice, general commercial counseling, and disclosure counseling for publicly traded clients. Heith is actively involved in advising boards of directors and their committees on director liability issues, and he has been involved with a number of special committee representations involving transactions, investigations, and litigation.
Prior to his current focus on the financial services industry, Heith represented clients in a variety of industries and has extensive experience with public and private acquisitions and divestitures in transactions with values ranging from $10 million to $4.4 billion. In the capital markets arena, he has represented issuers and underwriters in public offerings and private placements.
Heith is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
Federal Reserve Approves First Chinese Acquisition of a U.S. Bank and Provides Roadmap for International Acquisitions
- 1/28/2014"Bank M&A — Successfully Meeting Regulatory Challenges, Capital & Economic" at Bank Director's Acquire or Be Acquired Conference 2014
- 1/29/2013"M&A--Capital Remains King" at Bank Director's Acquire or Be Acquired Conference 2013
- 1/31/2012"M&A--Planning for Success" at Bank Director's Acquire or Be Acquired Conference 2012
- Emory University (J.D. with honors 2000; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal; M.B.A. 2000, Goizueta Business School); University of Maryland (B.A. in Economics 1995 and B.A. in Government and Politics 1995)
- Antidumping Enforcement Specialist (1995-1996) and International Trade Specialist/Coop (1993-1995), International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce