Stuart Ogg has represented issuers, underwriters, and investors in a variety of capital markets transactions for more than 20 years, including IPOs, high yield and convertible debt offerings, tender offers and exchange offers, restructuring transactions, and private equity and venture capital investments. He also has extensive experience in public and private M&A transactions. Stuart regularly counsels clients on complex federal securities law disclosure and compliance issues, as well as NYSE and NASDAQ listing and corporate governance matters.
Stuart represents a number of clients in the semiconductor and technology industries, including notable recent representations of Intersil Corporation in connection with its $3.2 billion acquisition by Renesas Electronics, and capital markets and financing transactions for MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation and Synaptics Incorporated. In addition, he has advised clients on corporate and securities matters in high-profile bankruptcy and restructuring matters, including the recent bankruptcy proceedings of American Apparel.
Stuart has been involved for several years with the LA County Bar Association Counsel for Justice, including past service as a director and currently supporting the LACBA's Domestic Violence Legal Services Project.
SEC Permits Abbreviated Tender and Exchange Offers for Non-Convertible High-Yield and Investment-Grade Debt Securities
- October 2017Are You Ready for "New GAAP" Revenue Recognition? SEC Disclosure Considerations
- September 2017Ready for "New GAAP" Revenue Recognition? Last Call for Transition Disclosure
- February 2015SEC Proposes Disclosure Regarding Hedging Policies
- January 2015SEC Permits Abbreviated Tender and Exchange Offers for Non-Convertible High-Yield and Investment-Grade Debt Securities
- February 2010Earnings Releases: Securities Law Considerations
- January 24, 2013Current Developments in Director and Executive Compensation and SEC Proxy Disclosure, JD MCLE University
- January 27, 2011Hot Ethical Issues Facing In-House Counsel
- January 28, 2010Restructuring Transactions and Liability Management: Tackling Liquidity & Covenant Risks in Challenging Financial Markets, Jones Day MCLE University
- Boston University (J.D. magna cum laude 1994; Staff Editor, Law Review); Baylor University (B.A. in Political Science 1991)
- California, Texas, and New York
Los Angeles Business Journal — named one of "L.A.'s Top 40 Dealmakers" in "Who's Who in L.A. Law" (2011)
Legal 500 US — recognized for capital markets; equity offerings (2012 and 2013 editions) and high yield debt offerings (2015 edition)