Peter McCall has significant commercial litigation experience. He has assisted clients in multifaceted construction, securities, and class action disputes in more than a dozen state and federal jurisdictions across the United States.
As part of Jones Day's nationally recognized global construction practice, Peter has worked on disputes involving manufacturing facilities, power plants, pipelines, hospitals, bridges, and electrical grid energy storage stations. He also has represented owners, design professionals, and contractors in construction-related transactions. His experience in construction and industrial disputes provides a helpful perspective for handling securities and class action matters involving claims related to industrial processes or practices.
Peter also has notable procurement experience handling public bid challenges on behalf of contractors and public entities in various industries including construction, health care, and waste management.
Peter is a member of the Homer S. Brown Division of the Allegheny County Bar Association and volunteers his time to present on construction contracting issues to the Riverside Center for Innovation's BizFIT Plus Training Program, which aims to support the growth of local disadvantaged business enterprises in the Pittsburgh area.
Prior to joining Jones Day, Peter was an associate at an international law firm where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies in construction-related matters.
The following represents experience acquired prior to joining Jones Day.
Represented a general contractor in several disputes arising from construction of a multibillion dollar mixed oxide fuel fabrication facility.
Represented a solar power developer in parallel state and federal actions seeking more than $120 million in damages resulting from construction defects and builder's risk coverage payments related to hail storm damage.
Represented a public agency in procurement of a 200-acre international marine terminal facility development and subsequent litigation arising from the project that involved more than $25 million dollars in delay and differing site condition claims from the contractor.
Represented a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in negotiation and removal of multiple construction liens.
Represented a regional university in the procurement and construction of various new buildings, including new science, business, and medical school facilities.
Represented a major research university in negotiation of multiple construction agreements related to development of a $200 million dollar research facility.
- January 10, 2022
Stipulated-Sum Contracts - Owner's Considerations, Construction Checklists, Second Edition: A Guide To Frequently Encountered Construction Issues (ABA Publishing 2022)
- Drexel University (J.D. 2013; Outstanding Student Award for highest grade in Constitutional Law, Introduction to Trial Advocacy, and Transactional Lawyering); Truman State University (B.A. in History cum laude 2009; NCAA Division II All-American Men's Swimming, 2009; Five-time NCAA Division II Honorable Mention All-American Men's Swimming, 2008-2009)
- Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania and District of New Jersey
- Law Clerk, Office of the Federal Public Defender, Trenton, New Jersey (Fall 2012)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America as "Ones to Watch" for commercial litigation and construction law (2022)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James P. Savio, Superior Court of New Jersey (2013-2014)